headlights only work on high beam

10

Asked by Oct 26, 2014 at 11:21 PM about the 1996 Chrysler Concorde 4 Dr LX Sedan

So my cars headlights only work if the high beams are on.  There is only one bulb in the
headlight so i know it is not blown and the fuse isn't blown either.  What cold be causing
this?

80

It may be your dimmer switch has failed.

95,245

It could be the dimmer switch, unplug a headlight , grab your ohm meter and test each contact for connection, the flat lug is usually the ground side, the 2 upright lugs will be low and high filaments, if you get an open circuit on the low beam filament then it is burned out.

67,495

It could be the bulbs. It's unlikely that both would burn out together but not an impossibility. The headlight bulbs have 2 filaments in each bulb. One filament for low beam and one filament for high beam. HTH. -Jim