The driver seat heater does not work..

Asked by Dec 10, 2013 at 07:46 PM about the 1999 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

The car has 98,000 miles and the rest of the seat's electronic controls work. The
passenger's seat heater works well.

Thanks for your help,

Anthony

2,565

I would imagine the seat heaters all-around, and possibly the controls, are tied into a single fuse...so I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that the heating element in the seat probably failed. I would check the fuse boxes first just to be sure, as that's easily done.. Then you'll likely have to unbolt and remove the seat, or prop it up out of the way, where you can access the wires going to the heater element. A color-coded wiring diagram goes a long way, but I would imagine the seat heater would be a simple, 2-wire connection...ground and hot. After locating the proper connector, with it plugged in, power the ignition on then switch the seat heater on. With a test light back- probed into the power side, see if it lights up. If the power side is constant-hot, then you'll need to check for ground, which can be done by connecting the test light's ground clip to the Positive Jump Terminal, or the positive lead on your battery, and back-probe the ground side while operating the switch. I would check Scrap Yards before calling the dealer on something like that, because the cost through a dealership is likely to be very high. Hope this helps.