can the cooling fans (dual) be taken apart? driver side fan has a fairly severe wobble

Asked by Jun 03, 2016 at 03:50 AM about the 2000 Chrysler LHS 4 Dr STD Sedan

I removed the fan from the housing to see if it has a bad bearing inside, but it
seems I can't take it apart... I'd like to take a look at it before giving in and
replacing it. If not, can the car be cooled by one fan (passenger side).  I am a
little apprehensive to disconnect the driver's side fan do to all the overheating
problem I see that people have with these cars.

12,595

I suggest NOT reducing cooling capability on a vehicle. It's difficult to comprehend why people would? Hey, If you're capable rebuild it fine, If not replace it.

96,585

Most of the cooling fan motors cannot be taken apart, and even if you could a lot of times the replacement part just is not avaliable. As far as driving it with only 1 fan that is not a good idea, it only takes one time overheating to cause serious engine damage.