camshaft position

8,045

Asked by Sep 16, 2015 at 01:04 PM about the 2000 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

I have taken both my heads apart to clean them and if I turn the camshaft any will it mess with the engine cause I think it would just push the rocker arm a different way

27,165

what engine did you not say???if you have not taken the belt off..nothing will change and you can turn the engine over ..even if you needed to change/remove the belt and you dont turn/move anything you ok.. so why/and what do you mean about the heads APART? there off the engine or apart?? that engine is very easy to time even if something moves when apart.....

8,045

I took the camshaft out and the rocker arms off cause it went about 5000 miles with a blown head gasket so I to it apart to clean all the oil and antifreeze of it and change the camshaft oil seal I need to change the timing belt also cause it is quite weatherchecked but not broken its the v6 2.5