Random stalling, car starts and runs for a few minutes and then dies.

Asked by May 23, 2012 at 09:57 PM about the 1996 Chrysler Cirrus 4 Dr LXi Sedan

Car, will start fine and run fine for a few minutes, then stall
, it will usually start right back up, but sometimes it will take several minutes. We had the crankshaft position sensor and the ignition coil and rotor, replaced about 8 months ago. the problem is getting more frequent. What could cause this to happen?

12,925

From what you describe could be fuel delivery problem or ignition. One way to narrow it down would be to get to the point where it isn't starting then spray some starter fluid into intake. If you can determine that it will always start this way you can rule out ignition and focus on fuel system.