windsheild washer fluid is not working

130

Asked by Jun 15, 2010 at 07:27 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Sebring Base

i have a 2005 chrysler sebring sedan, I have 140 thousand miles on the car an the only problem i have with it is that my windsheild washer fluid motor isnt working. my dad works for chrysler so he got me a oem fluid pump an i bought a used multiswitch due to the costs of a new an finding them around where i live. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this small problem well not a problem morem of a inconvience it would be greatly appreciated.

625

autozone sells those pumps for like $12...but you say you've already got one?...so just find the location of the washer bottle, pull it if you have to and replace the motor...you may have to suck washer fluid through the lines to prime the pump..but thats it. i did one an a chrysler concorde, simple 15 min job.

130

yeah i put a new pump in, but il try primming the lines like you said, but when i put the new pump in an had someone turn the swithch on i didnt hear the pump turn on is there a fuse maybe just for the pump i know theres a fuse for the wippers an if there is where is it located in the fuse panel i didnt see it on the cover of the inside panel and the one under the hood doesnt have a diagram. oh an i dnt have a manual for the car either so thats kinda out of the question untill i find one

20

I ALSO CHANGE PUMP JUST TO BE SURE, WHICH I DID NOT HAVE TO DO FOR THE FACT I STILL WAS NOT GETTING POWER TO THE PUMP.