I changed the serpentine belt on my 1994 Cadillac Deville 4.9 liter and now when I put the car in drive, I have to practically floor it to get it to just barely drive forward. Any ideas?

Asked by Jan 06, 2015 at 06:02 PM about the 1994 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

Not related problems. If you start the car and leave it in park, does the engine idle OK? Does the belt appear to run without any wobble or unusual noise? If it runs smoothly around the pulleys it sounds like you put it on correctly and it is doing its job spinning the AC, Alternator, PS pump, water pump, and idler. Look elsewhere for your driveline problem - maybe the trans fluid is low or the whole unit needs attention.