WHAT IS THE BEST COOLANT FOR MY '99 SLS? THE CHECK COOLANT MESSAGE COMES ON.

220

Asked by Apr 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM about the 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS

140

dexcool or gobal

Best Answer
8,365

dexcool would have come from the factory- check, if it is orange, it is dexcool- mix it 50/50 with water and add as needed- don't test it with a regular tester because those are for the green stuff and won't read right- 50/50 mix is good to about -40F.

220

Thanks for all the answers. The problem turnned out to ba a blown head gasket. it is being repaired "as we speak". I have too much money tied up in this car to do otherwise. After having done the valve cover, gaskets, starter, ignition wires, power steering, and about a dozen other things my mechanic feels we've pretty much rebuilt it over the last year and a half. Trust me these problems or most of them were caused by the neglect of the slob that previously owned it. These cars are expensive to buy and expensive to keep up. if you want cheap don't buy a Cadillac.

65

MY 99 SLS KEEPS OVER HEATING AND LEAKING RADIATOR COOLANT