What could be causing the coolant leak between flywheel and engine block?

35

Asked by Jul 10, 2007 at 04:05 PM about the 1990 Cadillac Seville

These details are regarding a 1989 Cadillac Seville w/4.5L V-8.  There are no noticeable signs of leakage from above the flywheel housing as viewed from the engine compartment.  From underneath the car, the coolant runs profusely from the rear(closest to firewall)section of motor on the drivers side.  I removed the 'bell housing' inspection cover exposing the lower portion of torque converter, hoping to see area near rear main seal.  However, components are assembled so closely resulting in almost no visibility which prevents locating the origin of leak.  Does the freeze plug directly to rear end of camshaft have exposure to the cooling system?  I've searched for a 'schematic' for cooling system but am unable to find technical description.
                                              Thanx, Marty

marty it is clearly a case of "mystery coolant" there may be in fact nothing leaking from the cooling system it may just be condensation or melting ice if your from a northern state. also check your glasses you may be seeing things, or take a nap and perhaps when you wake it will all be better. but seriously it could be a tough fix where you move whats in the way, repair where its coming from then put everything bsack the way it was. hope this helps