GM should recall the Equinox Models

Asked by Dec 17, 2015 at 12:07 AM about the 2011 Chevrolet Equinox LT1 AWD

I own a 2011 Chevy Equinox and it is the most troublesome vehicle I have ever seen. The
engine was replaced because it was not holding oil. The dealership told me that they have
never seen anything like it. In the process of them fixing the engine the dealership gave me
back the vehicle and it was making a god awful noise when I switch the gear into reverse. I took
the vehicle back to them immediately and asked them to fix it. I told them there shouldn't be any
reason for the transmission to have issues If they were replacing the engine. I did not come in
with that problem. The car started jerking and acting weird when the air or heat was on. I took it
back to the dealership numerous times. I was told that they could not help me unless a check
engine light was on. The transmission finally went out in the middle of the highway almost
killing me and causing an accident. I finally decided to escalate the issue to GM's corporate
office. By then I was told that I was 1,200 miles out of warranty after taking it back to the
dealership numerous times and did not receive any help. I spoke with a woman by the name of
Jerrell with GM. She tried to help me out as much as possible but GM would not budge on fixing
the transmission. I was given the run around for 2 months and false hopes.  I own a Pontiac
SSE Bonneville high is 20 years old and never had any issues. I just got rid of a 94 Bonneville
that was a great vehicle as well. I owned 2 Cadillacs as well. Every vehicle I've owned besides 1
has been a GM make and model.  I use to praise GM so much and tell everyone if it is not a GM
vehicle they should not buy anything. I will never in my life buy another GM vehicle or
recommend anyone else to. They should recall the vehicle for the faulty transmission. It is an
on going issue which the company knows about but yet they do absolutely nothing to rectify
the issue.

73,865

Check on that powertrain warranty. The '12 models are covered for 5 years or 100,000 miles whichever comes first. Maybe your '11 model is too. We just had a transmission repaired on one of our delivery vehicles at work. It's a 2012 Chevy Van. It had 92,000 miles on it when the transmission quit. If you bought your Equinox used, run a Carfax on it. If the transmission was replaced before you bought it, by GM, you may be able to cash in on the warranty for the transmission replacement. I bought a 2002 Impala in 2008. Two months after I bought it the transmission quit! I had ran the Carfax report before I bought the car and saw that the transmission had been "serviced" at a local Chevy dealer in 2006! So I jumped on the internet and discovered that the transmission was still within it's warranty and the warranty transferred to subsequent owners!! It cost GM $4500 dollars to fix it!! Shortly after I got the car back I traded it in. Look into this. I had everyone from the service writer at the dealer to GM Customer Service spinning! HTH. -Jim