Cant get car to crank

Asked by Feb 18, 2017 at 09:18 AM about the 2002 Cadillac DeVille Base

Changed out battery and the ground to alternator
was f ed up.  Fixed that.  Now service theft system  
was on.  But now I can't get anything.  So did the
30 min reset and read about the ign1 relay and also
the electric spray in ignition switch but still no fire.
What can I do next? Pls help.  

98,365

This work on my Cadi. From the inside manually lock all the doors except the drivers door, with key in hand close and with the key lock the drivers door, watch the dome light and wait for it too go out, then wait at least another minute, then using the key, manually unlock,the drivers door, then see if it will start. Hope it works for you.

Thank you but my car still unable to start. It's making a clicking noise under seat and fuel pump comes on but no spark. It's so frustrating. The security light has gone off but it's still doing the same lights all on and go to crank hear click under back seat n hear fuel pump. Ughhh

98,365

Have you checked for voltage drops on the main cables? How does the main power distribution box look, no corrosion on any of the contacts?

What's that? What am I looking for and where? Thank you for trying to get my car going....

98,365

Have you got the rear seat cushion out?

Yes my whole car is disarray

98,365

So I take it that someone has been there before and messed everything up, if that is indeed the case I suggest you have a professional straighten everything out, or if your willing go to a wrecking yard and get an entire under seat harness and distribution box assembly then one at a time cut, solder and shrink wrap each and every wire conn cation that you have to make to wire in the replacement harness, just make sure the harness you are getting is not in the same or worse condition than the one your replacing. And yes it is a lot of work.