How to reset a odemeter for a Cadillac 2003

Asked by Sep 02, 2015 at 08:19 AM about the 2003 Cadillac DeVille Base

Just got a new motor wanted to set
the odemeter

99,905

Resetting the Odometer is something that you will not be able to do, the cluster will have to be sent out for reprogramming and not sure what state you live in, but many states you will need to verify with DMV that the change legitimate with supporting documents.

30

Bring it to a Used Car dealer. They know how to do it.

I catch your drift DrGee44. Ohhh how true

It doesn't matter anyway. The State wants to know mileage on car, not mileage on engine. So it's illegal anyway

135

TAKE COMPUTER OUT OF SAME CADDILAC WHEN TAKING CLUSTER. Or ask your mechanic if he computer that sets milage like VAG

135

MAKE SURE BATTERY IN YOUR GM IS DISCONECTED AND TAKE OUT FUSES FOR AIRBAGS JUST INCASE A BIT OF CURRENT IS STILL IN THE SYSTEM. TAKE OUT DASH PANNELS STARTIN WITH SIDE WALL WHEN DOOR OPEN> GM IS EASY TO DISASEMBLE > MOSTLY CLIPS NOT A MILLION SCREWS LIKE GERMAN. THEN AFTER PUTING DASH IN MAKE SURE ALL CLIPS ARE CONNECTED TO BACK OF CLUSTER BEFORE STARTING OR YOUR CAR MIGHT NOT RECOGNIZE KEY AND ALSO ALL LIGHTS ON DASH WILL GO OFF BECAUSE THE SENSORS ARE SENDING A MALFUNCTION SIGNAL TO THE COMPUTER (ecu)

135

BASICLY YES YOU CAN THERE ARE TWO WAYS

135

TAKE THE ENGINE COMPUTER OUT< ITS easy. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SAME CAR< GIVE YOUR MECHANIC THE CLUSTER(IT HAS TO BE OUT OF THE CAR) AND IF HE HAS A SPECIAL COMPUTER THAT HE CONECTS TO SET MILAGE. LIKE THE VAG I THINK YOU NEED A LICENCE TO OWN ONE IM NOT SURE. HE CAN SET THE MILES TO WHATEVER YOU WANT. NOT ALOT OF MECHANICS HAVE THIS TOOL SO ORDER YOUR OWN ON EBAY OR

135

REMEMBER MAKE SURE ALL CLIPS AND CONECTIONS ARE CONECTED BEFORE YOU END UP PUTING BACK TRIM AND TRYING TO START YOUR CAR AND IT GOES INTO SECURITY MODE BECAUSE THE ENGINE COMP. (the brain of the car) IS TELLING IT THERE IS NO KEY, AND THE AIRBAG AND OTHER STUFF IS NOT DETECTED. SOME CARS WILL START AND SHUT OFF IMIDIATLY JUST MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS PLUGED THEN TRY< IF LIGHTS STAY ON BUT CAR RUNS< THEN CONECTIONS SHOULD BE OK< THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO RESET CODES/LIGHTS AND THEY WONT GO BACK ON< THIS IS NORMAL