How to remove heater core on bmw 1998 328i

10

Asked by Nov 25, 2014 at 05:32 PM about the 1998 BMW 3 Series 328i

58,505

Unless you are fimiluar with this,it is best left to a pro,it is a very hard job,requiring the dash to be removed,along with all the electonic,s,there are youtube video,s on how to remove,but take my advice ,if you haven,t done this before,now,s the time to find some one that know,s how to do it.

10

Honestly dont have the funds to have a pro do this....im doing the heater core, the junction on the firewall, and the control arms in one hit....a miracle would be nice but still needs done

Hello. I just bought my first BMW (328i - 1998) and immediately the back drivers door handle popped and no longer works, then throttlrle cables came loose in the engine compartment. Then my climate control was running after i parked the car and went intp the house, draining my already weak battery. Shortly after this my car overheated and the heater core dumped coolant on all floorboards and filled front window and car with coolant from defrost vents. I was trying to bereath so i hit the vack window down button. and both rear windows must have been iced up on he the inside because they both went pop and have come off the track (I think) and no longer go up and down with the noise of the motor. And finally how this is relevant to your story, I told the seller that I had no money to put into this car as I was giving it all to him. He told me that it was good to go for a couple of years. At this point i have had the car for 6 weeks. Oh, so i guess it needs a new After blower resistor too. Anyway, i ordered the heater core for $110., got a new battery for. $120. The resistor is $130. And then of course there is the matter of labor, coolant and oh yeah... power steering fluid and who knows what next if I ever get this car back together. So far it has been the hugest pain that i can remember in this old (50-single female's) life - for many years anyway. Now i finally pried and tore the f...ing core out of the box today, but cant imagine putting the new one in with quite as much vigor. Should i just go for it and continue taking the entire car apart into a million pieces (dash removal) ,which i worked so hard to avoid in the first place or sell car as is for a huge financial loss and ride my bike from now on? Maybe i could find some old BMW expert and wine and dine him.. no, bad idea. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO KEEP MY SANITY AND GET MY CAR BACK TOGETHER IN WORKING ORDER. Oh last thing that i am aware of is the plug that goes into the back of climate control box broke. It has a black, flat wore containing three wires. It is not the one with about 15 wires and it is not the one that goes to the (fan?) Inside of the box. Hard to replace since i cant figure out what i need to ask for. Anyone have a clue what plug or wire connector thingy that i am talking about. Last thing. Is this car an e36? ,1998 BMW 328ai. 4 door 6 cylinder manual tranfsmission. Thanks for reading this. Any advice, or humor somewhere would be greatly appreciated. Oddrey50

Hello. I just bought my first BMW (328i - 1997) and immediately the back drivers door handle popped and no longer works, then throttlrle cables came loose in the engine compartment. Then my climate control was running after i parked the car and went intp the house, draining my already weak battery. Shortly after this my car overheated and the heater core dumped coolant on all floorboards and filled front window and car with coolant from defrost vents. I was trying to bereath so i hit the vack window down button. and both rear windows must have been iced up on he the inside because they both went pop and have come off the track (I think) and no longer go up and down with the noise of the motor. And finally how this is relevant to your story, I told the seller that I had no money to put into this car as I was giving it all to him. He told me that it was good to go for a couple of years. At this point i have had the car for 6 weeks. Oh, so i guess it needs a new After blower resistor too. Anyway, i ordered the heater core for $110., got a new battery for. $120. The resistor is $130. And then of course there is the matter of labor, coolant and oh yeah... power steering fluid and who knows what next if I ever get this car back together. So far it has been the hugest pain that i can remember in this old (50-single female's) life - for many years anyway. Now i finally pried and tore the f...ing core out of the box today, but cant imagine putting the new one in with quite as much vigor. Should i just go for it and continue taking the entire car apart into a million pieces (dash removal) ,which i worked so hard to avoid in the first place or sell car as is for a huge financial loss and ride my bike from now on? Maybe i could find some old BMW expert and wine and dine him.. no, bad idea. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO KEEP MY SANITY AND GET MY CAR BACK TOGETHER IN WORKING ORDER. Oh last thing that i am aware of is the plug that goes into the back of climate control box broke. It has a black, flat wore containing three wires. It is not the one with about 15 wires and it is not the one that goes to the (fan?) Inside of the box. Hard to replace since i cant figure out what i need to ask for. Anyone have a clue what plug or wire connector thingy that i am talking about. Last thing. Is this car an e36? ,1997 BMW 328ai. 4 door 6 cylinder manual tranfsmission. Thanks for reading this. Any advice, or humor somewhere would be greatly appreciated. Oddrey50