Can someone check my 2010 Sebring convertible and fix the knocking sound emanating from the top driver side?

Asked by Feb 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM about the 2010 Chrysler Sebring Touring Convertible

I took my 2010 Sebring convertible to a Chrysler dealership and another repair shop . The repair shop said it was
the struts.  The Chrysler shop said it checked the struts and that this is not the problem; they said the problem is the
convertible top mechanism - AND ",..that's the way it is with convertibles" (I.e., they cannot fix it).  Is there someone
else who could help?  The knocking sound is so annoying that I don't enjoy driving this car.

MacPherson Struts and Convertible Tops. Sounds like a Rock group. They are apples and oranges, i.e. they have nothing to do with each other. "Can't" and Won't" are also another thing. They could fix a 3 year old car top if they wanted to, it comes down to money, They are probably busy and just don't want to mess with it, they may have a hard time getting it right and they know it

ha ha aha LOL dang Dave that's is too dm funny,,, it does.. lOL oh man.. I am about to die. I have I can't type............. Does this sound stop LOL with the top down>?? I am trying to be serious but rock grouupll ..lOOOO ouch dam I can't see... and I am sudenly hearing akncking noice, oh someones..lol at my doeer..ha ah

If I, ok, whow wow, dam if I was driving a Chrysler that knocking would be my boney knees knocking, if it's the roof knocking just drive with the top down until it stops or you are willing to except it or dish out the cash..lOL ha There I go again, insensitive piece of sh*t I am LOL..

26,775

Almost sounds like a part of the convertible top is impacting (or hitting against) the portion of the car that the top itself connects to. Maybe the latch that secures the top (when closed) isn't working properly?

Isn't there two pegs on that rag top that holds it in place on the wind shield frame? Maybe, if so, and I think there are those pegs, wrapping like electrical tape around them or something might make it stop. I'd get a passenger to ride along to pin point were the noise is coming from, right side, left side, what ever and then once you pin point the sound, holding down on the part of the roof to see if it quits some or stops and then do what is necessary to make it stop permanent, it's hard to help when you can't see or hear it.

The guide posts are adjustable,and have a rubber grommet that is riveted to the windshield bow (foremost edge of top)

That goes over pegs (grommet)

Have you checked the seat belts in the back seat? if no one is back there and the top is down and they aren't buckled they knock real bad