Asked by Jan 18, 2016 at 09:25 PM about the 2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 300

What exactly would be involved with schedule B
maintenance on a MercedesBenz 300 SLK?

Do you have the owners manual?

Yes I do have it. I looked through it & couldn't find anything. I just bought the car from Mercedes- Benz dealer (Certified) & thought it odd that this warning indicator came on already. Wanted to have my ducks in a row before broaching the subject with the dealer.

Mercedes-Benz B Service The B Service first visit is at approximately 20,000 miles or 1 year after the previous service. The exact time is determined by the vehicle's Flexible Service System. Then it is typically every 20,000 miles or 2 years (approximately). This is for models 2009-2014. Please see service advisor for all 2015 Mercedes Benz A/B service specifics. Services Performed: Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement Oil Filter Replacement Cabin Dust/Combination Filter Replacement Brake Fluid Exchange All Fluid Level Checks & Corrections Are Dependent On Factory-Recommended Service Intervals For Your Vehicle's Year & Model. Tire Inflation Check & Correction Brake Component Inspection Reset Maintenance Counter

I doubt the brake fluid would need changing. I change it every 50,000 to 75,000 miles. The have a test strip they can check it for condensation, dirt, etc. If the fluid looks like new I would wait.

Good stuff. I think that all of this should have been done to become certified. Thanks for the info.

Ask the service advisor at the MB dealer for a copy of the VMI report. They are generally happy to show it to you. That will show anything that has ever been done to the car at any MB dealer. Also, it will show all the work done in order to CPO the car. Part of the CPO process is that the dealer has to certify that all required maintenance (according to MB requirement) have been performed. This is part of the reason that CPO designation is NOT free. The actual charge may not show on your buyers agreement - but I can assure you - you paid for it. Also, if the car is CPO'd, you should have been given the "Mercedes Benz Certified Pre-Owned Inspection and Certification Report". MB has a separate booklet for maintenance schedule and intervals. If it is not in the car - you can download from the MB web site.