I have a 2009 camry and I am getting warm air on the driver side after starting the car why?

Asked by Sep 04, 2015 at 04:53 AM about the 2009 Toyota Camry LE

warm air at start of car but it gets cool after running awhile and catches-up
with passenger side what is wrong?

Wow...I have been looking for a cause/solution for this in the '09 Camry..and there is simply no agreement on what it is. What I do know is that you might consider taking it to a shop and having it diagnosed. It's so very difficult, try as we might, to give accurate answers not being at the car. Not making excuses, just have been looking and looking ....there is even a bit of animosity out there on this, a so-called professional Toyota guy, when simply asked to give another possibility responded: "I do not need to "research" or come up with more idea's here, I am a master diagnostic technician that works for Toyota and knows these cars much better then anyone who you may find some random post from online. Your a/c is NOT blowing cold enough. Your vent in the morning should be blowing a consistant temperature of around 40 degrees. Your cabin air filter can cause some issues with air volume if it is dirty but the issue you are describing here is an UNDERCHARGED SYSTEM and you need to have the system professionally evacuated and recharged. That is my professional and expert answer to you.

So wow...this guy really thinks he is the cat's meow I guess. Nobody knows everything. And to tell the guy "Your A/C is not blowing cold enough" ... well DUH.. that is the question not the answer

And that is my amateur and shade-tree mechanic answer to you. (Catch his last sentence)

1,455

dose your car have Climate Control

Rhodes2345 .....A 2009 Camry does have auto-climate control. Supposed to be "Set and Forget" Whatever temperature you set it on is supposed to be maintained, be it heat or A/C. The only thing to change, if you choose to, is have the air-flow come out on defrost on windshield or out the vents on dash, or floorboard... or a combination of any. But it has the option of not using it, and putting any setting you want in, not using the thermostat and manually turning heat or A/C wherever you so desire

1,455

right but i think they put a digital climate control in some models with independent sides in temp

Good point. I think you're right. Meaning the independent control for either side, in this case the drivers side, is bad. But I wonder..whitejr how long is "a while"... 2 minutes.. 10 minutes?

Just my opinion. Any perceived issue with an AC/Refrigeration system, whether it's on your vehicle or on your house .A/C system requires an initial diagnosis with a HI/Low pressure gauge set. This process is called a System Performance Test. This equipment is available at any Car Dealer or Independent Garage. About the only thing a car owner can do is to check the "sight glass"...if it has one....and reference a "site glass diagnostic procedure"...available on line. Other than that...you need special equipment to diagnose and service this system correctly You might want to purchase an in-expensive duck thermometer so you can monitor outlet temperatures throughout the A/C cycle while idling and when this vehicle travels down the road. Good Luck.