My passenger sliding door Intermitently won't open & make an awful grinding noise.
My passenger sliding door Intermitently won't open/ release. The motor sounds like it is grinding and stuck. When this happens I need to either pull the handle or push the button to try and reopen it.
The dealer said in order to fix the problem, I'd need to replace the rollers for $228. I did that, but the problem didn't go away. I don't wnat to keep throwing money at this as they troubleshoot the problem on my dime.
Has anyone heard of this, or experieinced the same thing?
The dealer said they've never experienced this before, but I highly doubt it.
Thanks in advance.
We have the same problem and have no idea what to do to fix it. Have you ever found out the solution to fix the problem?
Hi Lisa, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The problem I had was fixed by replacing the accuator. It has to do with something about a latch release. First I had the rollers replaced, but that didnt fix the problem. My Honda dealership said the accuator is not a recall item, but it's a known problem so they did something called a "good faith warranty" where they paid 80% of the costs and I paid the other 20% which I thought was more than fair. I haven't had the problem since the accuator was replaced. Hope this helps.
Hi Lisa - I had a similar issue with our 2008 Honda Odyssey passenger door and made the mistake of sending the car to the dealer because we were pressed for time. The door would stick/fail to open and then sometimes will only go back half way when it does open. The dealer replaced the sliding door control assembly - $190 for the part and 2 hrs of labor...and unfortunately the problem still persists. I did some research and pretty much everything I read and watched on-line says replace the door latch actuator...cost of the part is 45 from the dealer - So I am currently discussing with the dealer why they would have charged us over $400 0 parts and labor when the solution appears to be significantly cheaper and is a known problem and if they checked would have verified the fix did not solve the issue. Senkean - can you tell me what dealer you handled this with?
I want to get my honda into the dealer to get my 2008 honda odyssey sliding door repaired and they said it would be helpful to know Senkean your name or so that they could look it up in the American Honda Corporation to see if they could also do the good faith warranty for me. Thanks
I also have the same problem with my sliding doors. I just purchased this van used in january. How long does it take to replace the accuator and is under warranty? Did this fix the problem for all of you?
Same problem here. It's been happening for a LONG time but I finally took it in and got it to perform the intermittent problem in front of the service techs. The motor makes a grinding sound, stalls, and then makes a loud popping sound when it finally rolls open. They are replacing a latch but I don't have faith that this will solve the problem. My warranty expires in 3 days and I see this being a long, drawn out fix.
we took our 2008 honda odyssey for issues with our side doors popping, sticking then hitting the kids when it suddenly closes. I researched and said it looks like the actuators, instead they did something else, cost a ton but we were told to bring it back, repairs have a one year warranty. We do not have a lot of money set aside right now in the midst of adoption fees to get an abused little boy to be ours. We even were upfront with them, putting it in repair notes. We get a call it would be another $1500 repair! Nothing about prior expense. It also fails to turn smoothly in tight parking spaces, it's messing up my shoulders, therapy for rotator cuff, we took it in for that, this time they said nothing is wrong. I don't have the energy to fight, but scared it will trap the kids in an emergency or smash them again. I have been letting them climb out the rear which is crazy. Why is it always a fight?
Looking for a Used Odyssey in your area?
CarGurus has 27,566 nationwide Odyssey listings starting at $1,095.
Search Honda Odyssey Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Honda Odyssey Experts