DrIver side sliding door won't close

20

Asked by Nov 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM about the 2006 Honda Odyssey EX

I have a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX. The driver side sliding power door will not close since last night. Tried switching
to manual; still the door won't close. Showing "Slide Door" sign on the Instrument Panel. My driveway is on a slope
so the door closing mechanism has gone progressively worse. Sometimes the power door won't work and I've had
to close the door manually.

If someone is able to help, I would appreciate it. The van is in my garage currently since I cannot take it to the
dealership with the van door open.

Thanks.
sdm0804

810

sounds like the lock on the door is in the locked position where it hits the striker to lock the door

20

Santapaws1, thanks for your response. Any suggestions how I can fix the issue? Thanks in advance. Regards, sdm0804

100

For some people pulling the PSD fuse out for few mins and putting it back on reset the code. It didn’t help in my 2009 Honda Odyssey EXL for the same problem. But found another suggestion on the net to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and reconnect after 5 mins. That helped. The power slide door works now and dash board “slide door” light is not on anymore.

190

My problem wasn't as simple as restarting. My door froze open. I couldn't shut it manually or electronically. Friend of mine woks for Honda and told me to grab the back of the door by where the glass and panel meet . Pull it towards you(away from the car) and try and push it manually. He said it was my center track that was bad.. Worked for me. He also said to check If the gas door was open as we'll. good luck hope this helps. hobokenjames@yahoo.com

20

Same problem. Did any of these fix your problem? What did it end up being?

180

On a 2000 Honda Odyssey, it is Fuse #13, a 7.5A fuse, located on the bottom right side in front of the passenger seat. It just needs to be out for 10 seconds. The clock will need be adjusted after you pop it back in.

60

Tried the whole 7-step thing, set door switch off, pull power door fuse, set switch on, start engine, wait 10 secs, etc. you see this suggestion on several web sites. What finally worked? Yank the negative battery cable for 5 mins and reconnect, working fine now, and the "SLIDE" malfunction indicator is gone from the dash. Thank You NATA2014! It's a 2005 Oddity EX. Oh, and BTW - we've encountered the dreaded Honda Oddity transmission rebuild issue, at only 120,000 miles. I mean, come on, it's supposed to be a Honda. But that's for another thread....

20

I have a 2009 Odessey with the same problem. Problem started about three years ago. While under warranty they said they just reset it, but today they said it is a roller. I don't know what is different because it is exactly the same as before except this time it is costing me almost $400. Apparently, the roller rides along the rivers and it senses tension so it stops. If it was doing the same thing for three years, why was it not the roller then?

30

Hobokenjames...your solution worked for me! My door was frozen open. I pulled on the door towards me (out from card) from the rear part of the door, where the window meets the frame...and BINGO. it closed and the electronic door opener works again. Thank you much!

40

Thank you so much! We just did the pull-the-door-out thing after trying everything else we could think of (had to use the other car to get to church and leave the van open in the driveway!), then found this post this afternoon. The driver-side door was completely frozen open and wouldn't budge. Fuses weren't the issue, battery wasn't it. Dash button didn't affect it. The door now opens and closes electrically. Hope it will not happen again, but this door has been acting up for a long time (months). It usually bounces back open or closed midway, resists moving (and requires muscle), and is especially bad when parked facing downhill. It got to the point we stopped using it, but my son forgot this morning. We have a 2006 EXL. We had door-sticking problems on both sides with our 2000 EX, also, especially in the cold, which has also affected the 2006.

40

1/13/2016 pull the fuse out for 30 seconds, put it back in, the sliding door that didn't close, closes now. The fuse box is on the passenger side down by your feet & inside the fuse box you'll see the description of what each fuse does. The fuse you need is labeled "Sliding doors" & is a 20 amp fuse. Easy fix! Thanks to all that posted before me! I started with the easy thing to do 1st.

120

My 2006 sliding drivers side door would not shut completely yesterday after dropping my son off at school. The alarm was sounding and the light was on showing that the door was open, even after I bumped it w/ my hip and shut it completely the alarm continued until I shut the auto door feature off. I also turned off interior lights b/c they were on. This morning my car is completely dead and won't start.....

40

Sailor2015 - while waiting for an answer from someone with a 2006 Odyssey you might want to pull the appropriate fuse & put it back in & that might reset the electronics & get things back to normal. Odyssey_Guy (with a 2000 year Odyssey)

80

I suggest replacing the center rollers on both doors as the nylon rollers tend to go bad or even fall off after years of repeated use. When they go bad, the door drops down a bit, causing a metal to metal friction, hence the sticking part. I had similar problems with both the doors on my 05 Odyssey. Problems went away after I replaced the center rollers on both doors. Here's the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/KoQJ5bwqECQ

so my 2005 EXL has this closing problem. it goes 3/4 closed then tripped and opened again. it's 15F in Conn. tonight and I thought it would require the most time consuming fix. the pull on the back of the door worked! thanks for all the tips here.