Dodge Charger want start can someone help me?

30

Asked by Sep 26, 2011 at 01:30 PM about the 2008 Dodge Charger SE

my 2008 Dodge Charger will not start. The lights on the dash board is not showing, but when i put the remote key in the switch the security light flash once but it want start. It started later on, but when i turn the car off it didn't start back up. now it want start at all. I even tried to turn the key in the door to the left 3 times, then i tried to start it, but no luck. I also tried to take it out of gear, but it want . Can someone please help me.

25

hey ballard9, i work for Sears automotive center. hopefully i can give you some help. In my opinion it sounds like both your alternator and your starter are screwed. Dodge's have a solenoid-relay starting system... it's more complex than Fords and GM's. Are there any lights coming on? If there aren't lights coming on then your battery or alternator is gone. Now if there are lights coming on in the dash, then it's still a chance your battery is dead but theres an even bigger chance your starting system is toast. 90% chance that when no lights are coming, it's the battery. Check the connections, make sure the cables are not loose. Holla back at me.

30

hi Soularmor, I check the battery cable ends, and they are tight. I tried to get a boost, but still nothing. No lights on the dash is showing, the car still want say a word. Someone said it might be the key margin. What do u think?

25

Hey I really doubt its the key margin. When you jumped it did any lights come on or did it just lay dead? Its probably now your starter. The first thing that happens when you normally start a car is the ignition sends a signal to The starter which then sends a signal to the battery to give off some juice. So if you jumped it and nothing happened then its more than likely your starter. Its probably dead and not sending a signal to your battery. Your battery is probably bad too or at least really low to where its not cranking. I personally think that its a combination of your starter and you need a new battery. More your starter than anything. They typically run about $200 for a good one.

30

hi Soularmor, when i tried to boost it it just layed dead, no dashboard lights, it didn't turn over it just didn't say anything.

25

You're going to need a new battery either way. On top of that, not to sound negative but you'll probably end up needing a new starter.

30

The interior lights and head lights come on, but the dashboard lights don't. My friend tried to start it from the starter, but it didn't come on neither the dash board lights.

190

You DO NOT need a battery or a starter. I'm having the same exact problems with my 08 magnum. It's also not the number 9 starter relay. I'm almost certain it is the WIN module. I'm taking mine to the dealer tomorrow... I will let you know.

10

Michael was that you problem

130

Michael can you let us know what was the problem please

5

Im also having issues with my charger I checked everything and still nothing does anyone have a clue whats the deal with these chargers

having the same issue with my 2008 dodge magnum sxt took it to the Dodge dealership it was the starter.Because I had just bought a brand new battery.Starter was 175.00 labor like 250.00..

130

@08charger what was your problem?

40

I have an 09 dodge charger and it just shut off on me. I started my car up and went inside the house when I got back out it was off. I freaked out because in never had an issue before. anyways I turned the key off then tried to start it back up I got nothing, no sound at all. the dash lights,radio,etc all coming on, but with dead silence. I removed my battery and took it in and had it tested and the battery was fine. then I pulled the starter and took it to get tested, it as well tested fine. please help

130

Have you check the harness relay?

My car just did this same thing I crank it up pulled off stopped at the stop sign lights in dashboard came on then whole car cut off will not say nothing tried to give it a jump off the lights come on but doesn't start car or turn it over help

130

Have you checked the alternator? @sickwithoutit

130

Does the engine light turn on?

10

I'm having problems with my 08 dodge charger I got a new battery changed starter relay and it still crank up when it wants to help me please

70

Look, my 2006 Dodge Charger V6 is sitting here in my yard right now with all those problem of a Dodge, and I love my Dodge Charger also. I was driving and comes to the stop light and it will Idle for a while then a lighting Bolt light will show and the car will cut off, I than have to switch it on three times and it will crank, And now its in my yard and won't crank at all, But all lights comes on and horn, and the Radio system comes on, but the motor will not turn. I had the battery check and it is good, I do not have the money to put it in the shop, So can anybody help me please? I am from Sumter SC, James Simon.

well the 2011 -2014 chargers have recalls on the alternator so check that out..... second it may be the starter relay... I have a 2012 charger and its at the dealership

20

2010 charger want start no lights to i get a boot cables hook t it ! just click battery over four years old

20

Once cables are hook radio lights all come on just a click! Battery over three years old!

sometimes it take two tries to start my 2007 dodge charger

Your Charger probably has a factory recall on it requiring a replacement of the ignition switch and key fobs. See if that is the problem. It was mine; 2008 Charger SE.

I have a 2007 Charger and the last couple weeks my battery light randomly comes on! Had battery and alternator tested last Wednesday and they were perfect, light went off and stayed off until today! Grrrrrr!!! Car doesn't hesitate starting and when shit off and started again it starts right up, just don't understand what's going on! Each time before battery light came on car would make a random hesitation while driving but never dies completely or made any other noise or movement! Any help/information would be great!! Thanks

I have a 2014 Challenger push start I push the button and the car says ignition is running but the car is not running the radio plays the lights come on but the car won't start sometimes I wait 20 minutes It'll come on

blackmaguc I'm having that same issue help someone