I have a 2008 dodge magnum and my car won't start my lights work, none of the lights on the dash come on, and none of my gauges move (my gas or anything) some one help if you can

70

Asked by Jan 29, 2015 at 11:35 PM about the 2008 Dodge Magnum SXT

35,875

Check your fuses. The ones in the car and the ones under the hood. There are usually some high amp fuses under the hood. Make sure you check them out. The underside of your fuse cover should have a schematic denoting which fuse controls what. Also make sure your battery connections are tight as well as the grounds. Post back with results.

70

I'm really not car savvy but I checked the fuse box nothing seems out the norm and my battery is connected. A little more info maybe 2months ago I had a new key programmed and everything worked fine. I just recently came in from driving. I came back out in about 20 minutes and it wouldn't start

70

Where are the fuses in the car if you know?

35,875

Does your car have anti-theft? Do you have a valet key you could try?

70

I only have one key the key before got damaged and it no longer worked

35,875

Try this also: Pop your hood and take out your #22 relay. That is your starter relay, swap it with a #16 or #17 relay. See if it will start then.

35,875

Fuses are generally located on the left side of where your feet are or to the left of the steering wheel. You can also check the owners manual in the glove box.

70

I tried to switch the relays nothing happened

70

If it was a key programmed issue, would I still be able to unlock my doors and sound the panic alarm with the key?

35,875

If it's an automatic, shift it to neutral and try and start it. I have read other forums and some people have a no start due to the WIN module. Which is your Wireless Ignition Node. It may be bad. But before you spend a ton of money, unhook you negative battery terminal. Let the car sit for a half hour with cable unhitched. Put neg cable back and try to start it. Post back with results. You never did mention if you have anti-theft in your car. Do you have a little red light flashing on your dash?

70

No I don't have a anti theft system I just tried to put it in neutral and start it nothing happened. I'm going to try to unhook the negative terminal.

70

I actually do have a anti theft system

35,875

Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=AmLwC3MI9ks Is that the relay you swapped? You may just need to buy a new starter relay. Other posts say it's a #9 relay. Number 9 is for your year. It's worth a try for $20. If it's anti-theft related, you may have to take to a dealer. Do you see a red light blinking on the dash?

70

Thanks I appreciate you really assisting me with this issue I think it's something to do with the key and the anti theft system tomorrow I'm taking it to the dealer. I'll let you know what was the problem.

70

I meant to send this a few weeks ago. I took my car to the dealer and come to find out the win module on the car was no longer operating.

35,875

Thanks for the update! Most people never post back with what the final solution was to the initial problem.