LS LEAKING OIL

Asked by May 26, 2013 at 05:26 PM about the 2004 Lincoln LS V6 Premium

LS IS LEAKING OIL.  I LOOKED UNDER CAR TO SEE WHERE THE LEAK WAS COMING FROM.  THERE WAS A SLIGHT DRIP FROM FILTER.  WHILE I WAS UNDER THERE, I NOTICED A BOLT MISSING FROM THE DRIVER SIDE OF THE OIL PAN.  THIS IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE OIL DRAIN PLUG.  SEEMS TO ME THERE SHOULD BE A BOLT THERE?  I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE.  I APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK.

61,135

Don't think you're missing a bolt. That could be for mounting an optional accessory that your car doesn't have. Like a smog pump or a power steering pump. Could be for securing a (missing) splash guard too. Another possibility is that your oil pan either was replaced at some point or it fits more than one engine. HTH. -Jim