Town Car sitting low in the back.

5

Asked by Aug 11, 2015 at 04:49 PM about the 2002 Lincoln Town Car Signature Touring

My main concern is that the Air Suspension light isn't on, even though the air springs
aren't up. It will turn on when I cut it off in the back and give me the indication after that.  
I can hear the air suspension compressor trying to fill the bags when the car is on but it
sounds a little louder than it's normally been but it doesn't raise the car in back and keeps
trying afterwards. Any suggestions?

47,765

If the compressor is running look around to see if an air line has broken or has been disconnected. You could have a bad compressor, bad plumbing or a bad air bag solenoid. These systems are usually pretty reliable, but your Lincoln is 13 years old so it may be time for some new parts. My 2004 Mercury has the same system.

18,810

You have a hole the air bag system. My friend just had the same problem with his Lincoln and found it to be more reasonable to remove air system and replace with coil springs.