2001 mustang gt

Asked by Oct 17, 2016 at 10:56 AM about the 2001 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe

after installing a fuel pump in my 2001 mustang gt it wont start,checked the
fuel shut off and all related fuses, now what??? It will only turn over and no
fuel in the rail but I dropped the tank once again and it has power to the wires
and runs when I apply 12 volts to the new pump...I am baffeled....

246,095

What was the symptoms before the fuel pump change?

246,095

Did you reset the fuel inertia switch?

246,095

Replace the fuel filter too? Installed in the correct orientation? There is an arrow on the filter as to direction, installed wrong, the fuel won't flow.

Best Answer

Of course I think no I know that it is some relay or something electrical that I am missing somewhere on this car.After I replaced the fuel pump I drove it around about 10 miles, came home parked it in the driveway and it would never start up again.....Paul

yes I did replace the filter...The symptoms was it would not start and I could not hear the f pump running with the ignition switch on, so I replaced the fuel pump.Car has 90K on it and I recently purchased it at an auction, it run at that time......Paul

Now that it will not start again, I noticed that the fuel pump is not coming on again with the ignition switch on and no fuel pressure in the injector rack......Paul

625

See if u got any codes for a fuel pump driver module... they go bad some times

no light and no codes.....Paul

246,095

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/v6-tech/580449-2001-v6- died-ccrm-fuel-pump.html

No help yet from the Mustangs experts???? I did solve the issue just yesterday and my Mustang is not running like a champ......

625

No one is an expert on a car they can't see.. or actually work on.. and many things could cause a car these days to crank and not start... it's like calling a doctor and saying. "Doc I got a pain in my leg... can you tell me what it is over the phone" sure the doctor may guess what it could be... but until he sees you... all it is is a guess. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

You are correct but I was a little disappointed than it was such a simple fix and probably common from what I have read and no one seemed to have the answer....It would have saves 40 hrs worth of electrical checking and much head scratching....

625

What solved your issue?

Well just like the privacy between you and your Dr that you compared my vehicle issues to It is private...between me and my vehicle....lol

625

Yes I did not however say it was private... I guess it's good you didn't find any mustang help here... because it's clear you are selfish and not willing to help others. You posting your solutions helps others that may have similar problems. So thanks for being a dick

You must be a Republican the way you talk to people with no respect, I was joking and waiting for your reply but didnt expect the hate and being called a dick.....And you call yourself a professional, I think not......The problem was a loose connection under the pass fender where the ecm is located......