My 1994 acura integra makes an annoying ticking noise and now accelerates kinda choppy. I've changed the oil and filled it with premium and fuel injector cleaner. it didn't help. What is it!?!???

10

Asked by Dec 30, 2014 at 05:08 PM about the 1994 Acura Integra LS Hatchback

10

Ticking noise is from your valves or lifters. You need some ZDDP in your motor. But before you just add that, you should clean the carbon and other contamination out of your motor with an engine flush. I recommend using the best engine flush you can get: https://www.protecautocare.com/motor-vehicle-care/engine-flush Dump one can in, run your vehicle for 10 minutes... you will hear the sound disappear in only about 5 minutes, but its important to make it for the full 10 minutes. After that, dump out that oil and refill the motor. The flush cleans the motor and covers the critical parts with ZDDP which will prevent noisy lifters or valves from ruining the purr of your Integra.

10

I didn't flush like you said, however I did do an oil change and added a quart of dura lube to the change, along with a bottle of the dura lube engine quiet. that helped for a little while, but now is ticking again...... So I believe I'll do the flush like you suggested. Thanks for the advice.