How do I know the year my engine was made and which car is it originally made for?

5

Asked by Dec 30, 2007 at 08:39 PM about the 1990 Acura Integra

I own a 1990 Integra but It's previous owner modified it and didn't give me the specs. It presently has a B16a DOHC VTEC Engine (red top). Whenever I go to purchase engine related parts, I am asked,"What year engine is it?".  

the only way i know of is to give the 8th number in the vin it will be a letter this will tell the parts people a lot about the engine.

5

You can do research on engine codes online and find out what year & make/model Hondas it came on--also find out if ur particular eng. is JDM or USDM.

When you go order parts, ask for 95 Del Sol with twin Cam Vtec. Then they'll give you the right parts for that motor.

I need to know where my engine was made

The year is stamped on the front of the motor left below the valve cover doesnt reallly matter if they ask beyond that their just making ordering parts harder than it really is, n dont know except whats on a screen in front of them