I contacted you Gurus yesterday on a problem I'm having with my 96 Acura Integra. I had left the ignition turned to the on position overnight and drained the battery. Battery is fine and everything is working except when I turn the key to start it.....nothing. You replied 'when the battery is drained the computer loses memory of the key transponder chip code. My question is....WHAT DO I DO NOW! I really appreciate your help sooo much!!!!

30

Asked by Jun 20, 2014 at 05:39 AM about the 1996 Acura Integra RS

Drained car battery. Recharged and everything is working except car won't start.
Computer loses memory of the key transponder chip code when battery is drained. What
to do??

23,225

Whoever answered your question yesterday hopefully will respond today- but may I say, I THINK if the code in the key was not being read, the engine would turn over but not fire- again, I'm not sure, because all makes of cars are different in this respect, and who can keep up with all the electronic esoteria? 40 years ago, before electronic engine controls and all the other "helpful" aids manufacturers put on their cars- life was simpler, and being a Car Guru was gravy- now, I get questions that only the dealer can answer- or someone who has had the same problem- if all else fails, call the dealer-

30

When all else fails.....go to the source! Thank you for your help!!!

68,365

Yes, i answerd your question ,and jamn is right,you have to take it to a dealer to have it programmed.

68,365

It only said this because key was on at the time the battery was drained,It,s called key shortage.