Slid sideways into a curb & cracked the rear passenger side rim on my 04' Mustang GT, I replaced the tire with the spare, But I couldn't go over 10mph, The faster I went, The more it wobbled?

Asked by Jul 24, 2015 at 02:14 AM about the 2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe

No visible damage. Feels like somethings
bent?

93,125

Possible bent axle.

Expensive?

93,125

Fair, not horrible but choose your shop carefully, use one that has certified repair people in it. You don't have to a Dealer for this.

So I would have to basically replace the whole back?

93,125

Only if you bent the entire housing. A good shop can tell fairly fast how deep it was damaged.

Alright, Thanks, I jus hope it's not the frame...

93,125

Check the alignment and the way the passenger door operates, if it is now hard too close and no longer lines up then there is undercarriage damage, but you would have to have hit it really hard to damage the frame unless it was already compromised due to hidden rust or previously damaged.

46,415

I agree with tennisshoes, likely that only the wheel and axle shaft is damaged. Don't drive it till it is fixed.

Everything else on the car is good, It's jus that when I tried to drive it, The faster I would go, The faster the noise would get, It had way to much wobble to drive, I don't see how it would break the axle before breaking the control arm or suspension...

93,125

Axles do break but they will bend first, if I am correct in my assumption you will find that it is bent right at the flange where the wheel mounts and it is also possible that the rotor might also be damaged amplifying the problem.