I have a1995 ford mustang GT 5.0. recently I was reving my engine, and just shortly after my car started bucking and hesitating. Almost dieing at a complete stop. If the stop was long enogh it would stop. I have changed the EGR valve, the IAC valve and the fuel regulator. Also I have replaced all of the hoses that go to the upper intake and the upper intake gasket. I just cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF sensor spray cleaner and now the the check enging light is on and it hesitates when I drive. but the rpms are steady as to where before they were all over the band. any Ideas

5

Asked by Dec 05, 2014 at 01:39 AM about the 1994 Ford Mustang GT Coupe

I have a1995 ford mustang GT 5.0. recently I was reving my engine, and just shortly after
my car started bucking and hesitating. Almost dieing at a complete stop. If the stop was
long enogh it would stop. I have changed the EGR valve, the IAC valve and the fuel
regulator. Also I have replaced all of the hoses that go to the upper intake and the upper
intake gasket. I just cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF sensor spray cleaner and now the
the check enging light is on and it  hesitates when I drive. but the rpms are steady as to
where before they were all over the band. any Ideas

8,310

Ck eng lite on, or service engine soon mil lamp on. So you need the codes run. You have a hesitation, but when accellerating from what, a stop? You must have been working in the right area, and you can make it to the Ford service area. You can ask them about updates, and sticky throttle bodies, and service bulletins. You can research enginecodes.com when you know the results of that test.

95,275

Have you tried a hard reset on the ECM after the repairs?

8,310

If so indicated after all their q&A, the ford service recommendation will need to read and write down what codes are stored in there and reset. Then a drive cycle would follow. If there are HEGO codes, you need to know before. That's eec-v right ? With a mil lamp lit, it will be in FMEM. If it does not get recorded and reset, it can go limited operation and eventually foul the plugs.

8,310

HEGO means: heated exhaust gas oxygen. FMEM means: fuel monitoring effects management FORD means :first on race day, hahaha