Can you tell me the value to my 1980 Mustang

Asked by Jan 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM about the 1980 Ford Mustang Base

The body needs work, it has many dings, scratches, a broken rear left light, a couple of small dents & someone painted a black handlebar type mustache, about 2 feet long, one on the front hood & one on the trunk hood.  The outside is white with all red interior & has a sun roof & bucket seats & is an automatic.  The inside  is very rough, rips in the upholstery, cracks in the dash, a big hole in the dashboad where the radio was taken out & overall very dirty & dusty.  It has been sitting on the street for the last 10 years, baking in the hot Phoenix sun.  The car drives OK but I don't drive it much because I have a newer car to drive.  It starts up right away, the transmission works good &  it aways passes emission the 1st time without having to do anything to it.  The last tuneup was about 8 years ago but since I never drive it, I don't do any maintenance on it. The last time I drove it was about 1+ years ago to go to emission.  The aircondition works ok, brakes ok but they need to be replaced, I don't notice any oil leaks, no smoke from the exhaust that I can see & the oil & transmission & break fluids, etc., never shows the level is going down or needs to be added to.  The shocks do need to be replaced?   I'm used to driving a 2000 Chevy Malibu so when I drive the Ford, which is very low to the ground, I feel every bump & crack in the road so shocks are probably needed & new tires.   I can't think of anything else, sorry,  no pics at this time.  I can add them later if necessary.  If you need more info, you can email me at barbaragreer44@yahoo.com.  Thank you very much for your help.

From you description, the KBB goes back only to 1983, it sounds kinda thrashed, it's a borderline "classic" though, in Phoenix sun the tires are probably junk, I'm thinking $1000 TOPS if it runs well and you can get rid of that ridiculous mustache, and if there are no fluids puddled under it...sorry 'bout the comment on the mustache it just sounds stupid

Best Answer

PS and you have kept it registered all these years...sounds like you have, but owing lots of back reg fees really puts a damper on the deal..I didn't know Arizona had emissions tests...learnt something today

2,815

200 bucks

2,245

Just try going on KellyBlueBook.com who knows what their telling you is true .

2,815

http://www.nadaguides.com/

Thanks everyone for your answers - Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm 69 yrs old & have a bad memory plus the fact it is a 1981. I forgot it was not a 1980. It now has a problem for which I will be asking a "what is wrong with my car" question. Thanks again - Barb G