want a good cold air intake

65

Asked by Jul 30, 2008 at 01:40 PM about the 2007 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T

I'd like opinions on the best / easiest to install / best value   cold air intake system for an '07 GTI 2.0T, and where to get it
thanks.

75

cold air intakes all install the same. Cold air intakes on turbo cars are kind of pointless cuz the air is gonna get heated up in the turbo anyway. Coupled with an aftermarket diverter valve they do make the turbo sound very nice tho. I have a Carbonio carbon fiber cold air intake on my 2003 1.8T. anyway this is it for your car: http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/intake_carbonio_mkvgti.html

65

thanks for the info

75

no problem

985

Like already posted, cold air intakes don't do much for turbos. Anything that allows more flow, and a smoother path of air is though. So a free flowing filter and smooth intake tube will help. Just inspect the parts you want to buy. Be wary of cheap stuff.

65

appreciate the feedback

365

If you want a brand, K&N is pretty good. Another option though would be a bigger intercooler which should give you up to ten HP... Just a thought

80

I just listed out a ton of VW/Audi performance companies in another question, so I'll give you the quick link... http://flatfourvw.com/resources/watercooled.html Its a friend of mine's site who has a 2008 GTI, most of the good reputable companies are listed on there.

60

front mount. solves all ur problems. cold air intake does no good for a turbo car. sometimes restricts it in some cases.

65

thanks much for the link!

65

So do you think there's really no benefit from a cold air mod to the turbo motor? thanks

35

i guess there is if your looking for a better sound or anyhting like tht id say get a bigger intercooler

2,995

there is really any benefit from a cold air intake in general they just give a better opertunity for water to go into the manifold. go for the short ram or how ever it is set up

35

bmc air intakes are good. also worth doing the ecu chip there are big gains for about 40kw

5

i say newspeed p-flo. a lot of ppl have been getting those for the 2.0T i think you can also make it a cold air and a short ram but you have to buy the extension

65

thanks, I've been looking at the neuspeed.

65

As a Fellow Golf owner i can tell you the cold air won't do a damn thing to your GTi.. other than make it sound more aggressive. if you're looking for easy HP gains.. the best place to start is with the ECU.. if you don't mind spending some coin go with a front mount intercooler or even just get a fatter inlet pipe as the stock one is a little restrictive. If you weren't going for HP and wanted the aggressive sound.. there are some really good exhaust systems out there, that sound bad ass!

65

thanks CeeJai, I appreciate the info