1986 Fiero wont start

20

Asked by Jan 21, 2014 at 08:46 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

It have been parked for a year it ran fine but it start when I use starter flud or put gas in air intake starts right away I know its a fuel problem when i hit the switch I dont hear the fuel pump come on I checked the fuses on the dashboard all ok i dont know if its just not getting power want to get every thing before removing fuel pump thank you

18,445

Check fuses, fuel pump relay. If these are good replace pump and filter.

60,965

Check the fuse first. If it's good then tap the fuel pump relay a few times with the handle end of a screwdriver. The relay might be stuck from sitting. If the fuel pump still won't run try hitting the bottom center of the gas tank a few times with a hammer. Don't beat the tar out of it just 2 or 3 whacks should get it going. If it runs after hitting the gas tank you'll still want to replace it. It's only a matter of time before it quits again. Last but not least I'm assuming you put 2 or 3 gallons of fresh gas in the tank? HTH. - Jim

20

thanks for your repsonse will try it out thanks again

335

Either way it should be an easy fix for you... I see they got you covered on this one...

30

help i bought a 1986 fiero started the other day drove home was told it was fuel pump changes it now it still does not start what can it be now? need help

30

car sat i storage for 8 years guy i bought it from took care of it just needs my love now need help