I'm looking into buying a 2007 honda civic EX (without navigation) pretty soon, however I'm stuck on a question that even the sales rep whom I test drove the vehicle with did not have an answer. The audio system comes with a feature called "speed sensitive volume control" or SVC for short. This automatically adjusts the music volume to complement to how fast or slow you drive. Is there a way to just turn this setting off?

Asked by Feb 20, 2007 at 09:10 PM about the 2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX

I'm looking into buying a 2007 honda civic EX (without navigation) pretty soon, however I'm stuck on a question that even the sales rep whom I test drove the vehicle with did not have an answer.  The audio system comes with a feature called "speed sensitive volume control" or SVC for short.  This automatically adjusts the music volume to complement to how fast or slow you drive. Is there a way to just turn this setting off and How?

14,200

Dear abielb-- Any radio that I have seen with speed sensitive volume control (and it is a fairly common feature on any halfway decent car nowadays) also has a way to customize the radio for various functions, including disbling or desensitizing that feature. The answer as to how to do it specifically on your Honda Civic can be found in the owners manual and you see that it is very easy to do. Good luck from Bovan.

Best Answer
25

Yes. In the audio settings, there is a place where you can turn the SVC to either LOW MID or HI. There is also an option for off. Although you really won't notice a difference with it on or off. It does adjust the volume, but BARELY. On top of all that, the car isn't loud as it is, especially if its the EX and not the SI. SVC was most likely added just to keep with the 'standards' of the current market. To me, its a waste...

35

i guess its like a feature so when you mash it, the engine does not drown out your music.

115

i have the 2007 civic ex and the svc is barely noticable -- i wouldn't even worry about not being able to turn it off its a very slight increase in volume to keep the volme consistent when u are on highway speed SVC should not deter you from buying the new civic -- its a solid car and the only hing wrong with it is "nothing"

115

and as far as i know u can't turn it off --

995

it's very easy!!! any idiot can do it, Even you! ... Turn off the radio!! WOW!!! Thanks for playing