I have a 1994 Honda Civic Coupe, it wont lock. I can not lock it with the key or by hand from the inside. The lock will go down but it remains unlocked. How do i fix this?

25

Asked by May 14, 2014 at 08:17 AM about the 1994 Honda Civic Coupe DX

All the other doors lock, its just the drivers side door. And it is not power lock. Help mee!

228,855

You'll have to take the inner door panel off and see what broke, not allowing the latch/lock to engage.

Best Answer
25

okay, thank you. any suggestions on how, or what to do once i find that out?

355

Lys, I would not suggest you to take door cap off. This is usually caused by a rod that bridges the lock to manual/key door opener.Take it to your dealer and have it done if not have a boyfriend or brother do it for you if you never took one off you may do more damage than correcting the problem it is like having someone operate on you without knowing anything about anatomy? if you don't know what's inside why open it?

25

I took the door panel off, went to a junkyard, and got a new lock latch. My lock latch was stuck. NO ONE in the entire world carries that freaking part so I went to a bunch of junkyards looking for my part, then I got lucky a junkyard had my same exact car.. With the lock latch still on the driver side door, which was in perfect condition. It took me over an hour to get the junkyard lock latch out of that car since all the screws were stripped. I had to bend the frame of the door out so I could get the part out, but I got it and the part had no damage. So I went back to my car and I connected the lock latch back to the inside and outside door handle and now the door closes perfectly BUT I think the new problem was the key cylinder, because the car can lock from the inside but not ouside. Also I did all this work on my own- my older brother lives far away and my boyfriend was at work. Let's say I do know what's inside and that's why I opened it.. And then replaced it. Thanks -lys