enginee wont start

Asked by Jun 22, 2017 at 08:32 AM about the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE

speed started to drop now all lights radio work but
engine dont start when speed started slowi g
enginee oil light and battery light came on

O hi nhi

Same thing happened to me recently. I'm sure you've gotten it checked out and figured out by now but just in case you haven't: I have a 2008 Sport HSE and the same exact thing happened to me while driving down interstate. Took it to shop and somehow the coolant container broke and that caused the engine to shut off because it thought it was over heated. Thankfully by the time the tow got there and drove 20 miles to shop, it was cooled enough that it started and the mechanic was able to drive it into the bay. He told me it was a tell-tell sign of how bad the damage was depending on whether or not it started once cooled down. DONT DRIVE IT!!! Also when I lifted my hood initially, it was smoking which seems really bad but it was only because the coolant leaked and had touched the hot engine; not because the engine was actually smoking. The part to fix it cost a little over $100 and they charged me over $300 for labor (shop around if you can because they love to screw over Land Rover owners) so the whole thing ended up being close to $500. And my engine light has been on ever since even though it doesn't show a code when autozone hooks the engine check machine up to it. It was a very easy fix that probably took them 30 minutes to do and I don't think it should have been so expensive so I would try to find someone reputable if I were you. Hope this helps!