1990 chevy lumina cranks wont start.just bought the car sat for over ten years

10

Asked by Jul 11, 2015 at 12:54 AM about the 1990 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr Euro Sedan

like I said the car sat for over ten years , so of course the gas was  , well worse then I could even explain so for no other reason I installed new fuel pump , filter , and lines front to back I don't have a fuel pressure gauge so cant give you a number but is sprays over 2 feet so that's good I have spark at the coil packs and plugs will I do now anyway a mouse or something chewed through the CPS  bought the replacement pig tail and installed it and for the cost of the CPS and i was already there I replaced it too I have power at each injector , but no injector pulse cant find a code reader that works on earlier years then 1996 and no tach in car to watch during crankover  to see if the ECU is picking it up from here     Any advise in which direction to go                                        Thanks Brian

16,535

Did you clean out the gas tank? Sludge can build up in an inactive gas tank over time as well as rust. See if you can get it checked out or cleaned out and blow out the lines. Re check the filters and see if they are catching any junk. You are getting spark but have the coil checked for voltage. Also check the timing and make sure the sensor is picking up a strong signal. You need gas, properly timed strong spark, and air. It should go. Try starter fluid, just a squirt to see if you get any reaction. Too much and you will dry out the cylinder walls so be careful.