why wont my chevy lumina wont crank???????????

Asked by Sep 24, 2013 at 07:25 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

i have a 95 chevy lumina 3.1 v6 and it wont crank. I change the safty switch, jump the starter, and did the bypass thing but I don't have any lights at all on the dash when I turn the key. headlights, radio, and light over head works. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHATS WRONG WITH THIS STUPID CAR??????????

1,580

if the radio is factory and normally doesn't play without the switch being on, i don't know. other than that, it sounds like the ignition switch.

1,305

.....make sure you have an excellent ground, especially from battery to block..... often overlooked : ...fusible link ...i have a '90... there are at least 2 or 3 down by the starter, yours may be different..... they're color coded..... check your schematics (haynes manual)..... one might be bad..... they don't always blow completely open, and sometimes it's the connection going to them that's bad or somewhat bad..... and if the culprit is bad in that way, it may just look a bit brown, or the insulation on the wire going to it may look a bit curdled..... and not charcoal blown open..... if it can't handle the current, then when you turn the key, it'll be as if it was blown.... even if it ain't the problem, it's good to know about these fusible links..... people spend a lot of time and money on replacing parts, only for it to turn out to be one of these cheap little monsters... in fact, it's not a bad idea to keep some spares on hand, just like your other fuses.... it's too early for me to think about anything else..... 1st cup of coffee..... your post reminded me of a 91 sunbird i had.... sheesh! .....i had one of those fusible links that didn't blow all the way.... made me nuts!