Soft Top and driver's power window stuck

Asked by Sep 12, 2015 at 11:52 PM about the 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible

My 2004 9-3 Aero which I purchased 11 months ago in OUTSTANDING condition, is going through multiple issues.  The piston to the soft top on the driver side started leaking fluid & became stuck 1/2 way open, the a/c stopped working and blows warm air and the driver side window will not roll down.  My mechanic can replace the piston ($800.00 ish) Although my gender would usually preclude my ability to do so, I'd like to avoid incurring more expenses and fix what I can on my own. Please use your "remember she's got boobs" choice of words in your response.  Thank you.

did you get your top back up or is it just stuck? man all of those are a little challenging to take on. i guess i would start with the ac check your fuses make sure they are good you can get a fuse tester at an auto parts store. if they are good you are going to have to see what kind of pressure you have on the ac system. you can buy a can of r134 with a gauge on it plug it in to the low side ac and see what it says. does the other windows work in the car

I would like to kindly give you a few words of advice- Saab=Junk

no come on they are cute

My mechanic was able to close the top for me. All the other windows work fine. I will start with the fuse check. As for the soft top, I should note that the passenger side piston had to be replaced in March. It begs the question: Have I been over using my top?? I literally put it up & down sometimes three times a day. What's the point of having a convertible if you can't be topless whenever you want?

should be able to use it when you want! if you try the window can you feel any thing on the door or try to help it up or down with your hand if it tries to move a little it needs a motor if not a switch i think you might need a power window motor in the drivers door it is not easy to do. you might buy a repair book or look online for a cd on repair for your saab take your time.or you tube will help you out to i would look for parts online rockauto partsgeek and check your local stores see who can get you best price