How do get the computer to STOP flashing, "Change oil now"...No, .changing the oil doesn't help. My 1991 Olds 98 just loves to flash that message. I finally put electrical tape over the window, but thats not the fix I'm looking for. Can't get the darn thing to

Asked by Aug 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM about the 1991 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight 4 Dr Regency Elite Sedan

Press and release the "TEST" button on the Driver Information Center. This will illuminate "CHANGE OIL NOW" if it is not already illuminated. Press and release the "OIL" or "OIL INDEX" button. Next, press the "RESET" button and hold for at least 7 seconds. This information is from

The 1993 Ninety Eight does not have a Test Button, but using info from answer #1, pressed the OIL button on the Driver Information Center. The "CHANGE OIL NOW" message arrived, and then I pressed the "RESET" button for seven seconds. It worked. Pressing the "OIL" button brings up a message that says "OIL LIFE 100%". Thanks judge_roy!