Condensation from the front AC is leaking into the floorboard

45

Asked by Jul 11, 2011 at 06:47 PM about the 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LXi

we have soaked front floorboards from AC condensation leaking into the cabin area.  It did the once before and my husband had to blow it out and allow drainage.  Well, that is not the problem, He checked.  Any other ideas as to where this water is coming from?  With 100+ degree temps this week, it is smelling nasty in there.  

40

Hi, I wonder if you are having the exact same issue I just had today. My 97 T & C was started today, turned on the AC and I thought I heard a river flowing, it freaked me out pretty badly. So I turned it off and went around to where the sound came from, under the glove compartment. I turned the engine back on and ran the ac and sure enough just a shower of water dripping from all over behind the glove. So after some research I realized that one of two things, (1) the condensation tube (that leaks condensation when u run the ac- below the vehicle) could be blocked and with a coat hanger you can clean it out. (2) the grill just below the wipers has a drain, 2 on mine, for rain water , or any outside moisture. This can get leaves and other gunk that could block water from draining out and away from the vehicle. And this is what had happened to me. It had rained a lot here this past week, the drain holes were blocked and when I started the ac, it has a vent to allow air in, except it allowed a bunch of water in and this caused a major mess. So, pretty much remove the wiper arms, unscrew the grill under the wipers and see if there is a blockage then clean it out- I flushed mine with hot soap water once done. I hope this is your issue and that my advice helps. Let me know either way .Thank you

90

Try this. I documented how I fixed my issue. Hope this helps you. http://youtu.be/oM_snejc5uE