Lights, Gauges, and Controls doesn't work in my 2001 Chrysler Town and Country

Asked by Sep 04, 2013 at 02:19 AM about the 2001 Chrysler Town & Country LX

I also have a problem with the auto lights not turning on when i open any doors, but when i tap on the light cover (basically turning on the switch the light turns on). But i have more problems than that..........my cluster gauges and lights don't work (but it can do the self or trip test), the headlights, hazard, signal, and highbeam don't work (but the left parking light turns on when i start the car even when i don't turn it on), the AC/Heater control and lights don't work (but the fan blower will turn on even though i don't turn on the fan), and the power locks don't work. All this happened at the same time in my 2001 Chrysler Town and Country. It happened after the battery died and i have a towing company charge the battery and that's when everything starts malfunctioning. The tech checked the battery and alternator voltage and fuses and they are all good. I checked grounding and loose connection under the dashboard and they are all intact. The only thing i noticed and maybe can be a culprit is a short, ignition switch (i don't know if this has something to do with auto  interior dome lights when car door is open), or a reset in the BCM or some computer module that controls all these thing (which i don't know how to do). Please help me! thanks.

6,565

sounds like a module is bad. taking down the network. This may be one for the dealer. they can run a J1850 scan and see what modules are alive on the buss. if none. you start unhooking modules one at a time untill network wakes up. that will be your problem. The weakist module ive seen is the radio. you might pull it out and unplug all wires and see what happens. hope this helps......

20

We had pretty much the same problem on our T&C. Turns out each battery terminal has a secondary wire that when it corrodes or becomes loose in its terminal lug can cause problems with the instrument cluster and lights. Check these first before tearing into the fuse box or control module 'cause this was our fix. Good luck!

340

Think this may be helpful good luck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OwrhVOHe1Y