Fuel Pump?

30

Asked by Jul 08, 2009 at 10:40 PM about the 1991 Chevrolet Astro Extended RWD

I was under the van for 2 hours today trying to figure out where the fuel pump is on my 91 chevy astro(sv). I've searched for hours online looking for anything or anyone that would point me in the right direction and I can take it from there. So far, this is the closest I've come to finding hope...that somebody will KNOW exactly where the fuel pump is so I can see what Im dealing with. Is it under the gas tank or on the passenger side? Thanks so much.  

10

The Fuel pump is located inside the Fuel tank itself. I have a 1991 Astro, Love the damn thing, but it keeps crapping out on me. It took me awhile to find it myself. the fuel tank has to be completely empty for you to take it out. Since Chevy started doing electric fuel pumps in the 90's the 91' has one so it is fairly difficult to take out than it's nonelectric counter part. I hope this helps.

It is in the tank