Does anybody know what would cause a engine to go stop running, (while the vehicle is on the highway, city street) yet the engine doesn't stall out as if out of gas, yet the electronics are still on?

35

Asked by Feb 05, 2015 at 10:59 AM about the 1998 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

1,165

Does the engine try and start afterward, but doesn't? If so, while turning the ignition hit the left side of the steering column and see if the vehicle starts. If by chance it does, you need an ignition switch. See part http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/wl2/LS660/image/2/ . In order to change this part..start by removing the cover plates around the steering column..and there you will find a group of wires on the left side leading to a connector next to the firewall. Be sure and have the correct tools because the screws/ bolts will require such.

35

The engine does start afterward with no problems.

1,165

In my previous post I failed to suggest to have a code scan performed to determined if it maybe the crank sensor. If its not then I suggest changing the ignition switch.

1,165

ammoworld7..where you able to resolve the vehicle's problems?