Asked by Dec 09, 2012 at 06:57 PM about the 1998 Buick Regal LS Sedan FWD

I have a '98 Buick Regal, the car runs great but at night the auto headlights flash on and off unless I have the blower on high, or I can run with the lights on manually.  A few different mechanics said it sounds like the Body Control Module.   I got a new BCM and changed it, I have no ignition.  I even disconnected the battery before I changed it. I do not know if the comp needs reset. I will put the old BCM back in.
I put the old one back in and it is doing the same thing, all electrical functions but no ignition.

any check engine trouble codes read from the computer? any security / theft deterrent systems on the car?

The ignition switch is bad the daytime running lamps and the hvac runs off the same wire. Grab a dvom and test the voltage at the fuses while its flashing the lights. You will see the voltage drop until the lights go off and as the metal contacts in the switch cool the electricity climbs the lights come on and it all starts over. My friends daytime running lights would work fine but as soon as you turned on the seat heater or plugged a cell into the cig lighter or turned on the hvac blower the lights would shut of and none of those would work. The only setting the blower worked on was high.

I agree with John, it is amazing how many problems will come from right under you nose literally , ie: multifunction switch or wipers turn signal or ignition. Good Call, pal

@ Jason, It still has the factory security system. No security lights on though. @ John, this sounds exactly like what is happening. Thanks