The doors in the back will not open from the inside or outside of the car. First it was the one and then shortly after that the other one. Could it be a fuse?

Asked by Sep 10, 2016 at 08:23 AM about the 1999 Buick Park Avenue 4 Dr STD Sedan

1,050

Pretty unusual that both rear door are not opening....from either the inside or outside. You have probably tired these but here goes.... (1) using the drivers door power lock button unlock the doors...can you hear anything happening at the rear doors? (2) your car may be too new, but may have manual lock buttons or sliders. (3) there is a chance if you hear nothing at the rear doors when you try #1...you may have a bad connection ...all the doors are on the same fuse, but the wiring goes under the carpet. You will need to find a service manual for your car and find the wire. The real problem is the door panels are almost inpossible to get off with the door closed.