My 2000 Buick Park avenue is acting crazy, at first it was just the TRAC and ABS lights and then after a few days the volt light started coming off and on and then a day after that the dashboard meters started going crazy going up and down w/dash lights going on and off. and it felt like the car was going to give out while driving although it didn't. What is wrong???

Asked by Feb 13, 2014 at 04:38 PM about the 2000 Buick Park Avenue Ultra

My 2000 Buick Park avenue is acting crazy, at first it was just the TRAC and ABS lights
and then after a few days the volt light started coming off and on and then a day after that
the dashboard meters started going crazy going up and down w/dash lights going on and
off. and it felt like the car was going to give out while driving although it didn't. What is
wrong???

10

This appears to be your alternator. Have that checked. It's not hard to replace, but about $150 for the rebuilt alternator. I had the exact same problem on my Park Ave. First Volt meter, then everything, then died due to battery drain.

40

Could be alternator, but the Trac and ABS lights on may also indicate failure of Stabillitrack computer. This is a 1200.00 repair. The car has a combo electrical hydraulic computer separate from the main CPU. If you have Stalbillitrack, have a GM dealer run scan tool. When my Stalbillitrack module failed, my dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree. Ultras have standard. Base Park ave had as option

40

If you have Stabillitrack, the computer that controls braking is defective. This is a 1400.00 repair