My 1993 Buick Park avenue stalled on me twice, in traffic and started up right after. Mechanic replaced the PCV value while another said it was the BCM. any thoughts?

Asked by Jan 24, 2015 at 07:50 PM about the 1993 Buick Park Avenue 4 Dr STD Sedan

My mechanic replaced the PCV , another one said it was the BCM. any thoughts on this problem?  181.000 miles.

I just had this happen on a 2002 Park Avenue, and it was difficult to diagnose. However, it turned out to be a leak in the fuel pressure reulator, which allowed fuel into the air system. This caused the pressure to drop and the car to die. The part was $123, but it took a long time to diagnose, so the total was ~$350. I hope this helps!

Best Answer