Engine stall town countrybig puzzle

60

Asked by Dec 29, 2015 at 06:46 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country LX

Town country stalls when accelerating so far i have
changed:
Coil pack
Spark plug anf Spark plug cables
Crancksafht sensor
Camshaft sensor
Egr valve New
Cleaning of gas lines with compressed air and carbclean
New fuel pump and filter
Washed gas tank
Cleaning of iac valve
Air intake Cleaning New air filter
......
No error codes from computee
My next step could be either fuel injector Cleaning or
computer.

Do you think in somethig else.
Didnt found vacuum leaks with carbuclea

71,455

How about doing a fuel bleed down test? This would indicate leaky injectors, fuel rails, or regulator.

67,505

Throttle position sensor? HTH. -Jim

60

To check fuel rails and injectors took it off and to the injector lab Cleaning and service here is cheap around 20usd for 6 and rail. Didnt work. The town and country has a module of fuel pumb and pressure regulator integrated..... I changed the fuel pump a week ago but regulator is in the module and not for sale as unit but as the whole module. I Will buy the expensive module tomorrow. This Will cover t he fuuuuull lenght of gas i guess. Spark is there with New coil cables....and air sensors are New... Intake clean. No vacum leak errors. Am i missing something Map sensor has not been changed ??????? What i am not seeing.

71,455

I will look into the map sensor. Let you know no later than tomorrow morning what I find. I do know you clean the electrical plugin for some reason and the prongs on the map sensor with electrical cleaner. There is a common problem there with that, what it causes I can't remember at the moment, but I'll get back. Tired.

60

I did cleaned the contact with electrical cleaner. Alcohol base..... Today i recheked the map sensor the simple stupid way. Map pluged constant pressure in the computer...... Map unpluged spike in the computer stalling and misfires bad way. Guess it works.... Dont know how good it works but it works. Thank you guys

60

Today i changed the whole gas pump module Who includes gas float and pressure control and filters...... Fail continúes. No error codes. I run out or ideas.

71,455

Man you must be going threw hell with that! Have you checked the fuel pressure? What is the fuel pressure? How many miles on this thing? How about checking compression? This is hard without any codes, wonder if the pcm can be tested?

71,455

How about trying to spray some carburetor cleaner around the Air Idle Control valve to see if it is leaking? Has that port ben cleaned? RPM will pick up if you find a vacuum leak.

60

Tomorro Will check compression and fuel pressure again. Will check aic with cigar and carbclean. Using obdii car doctor. Checked the graphic of throttle. And seems uneven. Will check with voltimeter the throttle position sensor. Testing Pcm is an option Will look for a place here. Thank you guys this is very frustraiting.

60

Update.... The minivan exploded and burned completly. It was running and fire came from the hood drivee got out and flames entered the cockpit it ignite interiors blown up four tyres and finally the gas tank caugh on flames with 50 liters in. The van was running ok.... After checking it over and over a sparkplug change seemed to fixed it.... But in reallity all this time the problem seem to be a tiny leak in the fuel line on engine imperceptible for small. It seems gas droped in the engine and no gas poodles were formed.... In an análisis seems like finally the gas line broke making the van to full stop and satalling all gas spilled on engine.... Driver put on the switch and tried to start it. Several times activating fuel pump and spilling more gas on the Hot engine. Finaly some Spark ignited the fumes and a big blast set the engine onfire..... Ocupants descended and left Door open fire entered the minivan consuming all..... I never detected the leak... Was so small than didnt sent an error code.... It seems itwas located on the gas line close to the exhaust pipe and manifold well covered feom visión from up and down. It was a corroded Steel leak. We dont know why the pressure test didnt showed any significant pressure variants. 4 diffrent mechanics examined the minivan incluiding me.... And i was the owner and set on fire while family was driving i am so ashamed that i Will retire from this hobby.

67,505

That's absolutely horrible!! I'm SO glad you and your family got out ok!! The minivan can be replaced. You and your family can't! You should not be ashamed. Accidents happen. On the contrary you should be proud and happy that everyone escaped without being harmed! Especially since 3 other mechanics couldn't find the leak either. If you enjoy working on cars I say keep doing it. This wasn't, in my opinion, your fault! HTH. -Jim

71,455

I second that! So glad everyone is ok! Not your fault.