2002 Town and Country

Asked by Dec 30, 2010 at 06:54 PM about the 2002 Chrysler Town & Country LX

I took my 2002 T & C into the dealer to have the steering looked at due to locking up durring low speed turning and on my way there the front started to shake and vibrate really bad. This happened just all of a sudden and has never happened before. I figured it was the front end going bad. The dealer diagnosed the rack and ponion was bad and the shaking was from the engine and the PCM was bad. Also there was a hose leak under the air box. Aprox $3500 in repairs. I replaced the rack and pinion under $200 and between the price of the PCM, towing and programming, I did it myself for under $600. My problem is that although the PCM code is now gone the code for a failed intake temp sensor is still showing and upon accelleration engine still vibrates bad. Can tell somethings not right even at idle. In my Haynes manual it says that intake temp sensor is only on the 4 cyl engines and mine is the 3.8 v6. through reading the haynes manual I determined the MAP sensor is the same thing. Its only $51 but does this sound like im on track to fixing problem? I did fix the vacume leak under air box, it was a line between the tank and intake.

and yes you can replace all the parts on your town and country. Then and only then will you realize the pease of crap you have and you will swear you will never buy a chrysler product. The wor chrysler doesnt even deserve to have the "c" capitalized.....

gee...... that stinks! I guess you will be buying a honda.

no im still into american made so it will be a toyota......just joking.....ford or chevy

you do know that even ford and chevy have foreign parts and even some completely made over seas.....

well damn..... is there anything american made anymore??????

yes..... your local phone book!

have you ever driven yours? if so how does it drive?