MY CAR IS CUTTING OFF

5

Asked by Feb 27, 2015 at 02:23 PM about the 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring AWD

I bought my Pacifica a week ago from a private seller. Now, the radio is cutting in and out and the lights on the dash board flipper. If I'm stop at a stop light or waiting in a restaurant line sometimes the care will power down like it wants to cut off and then sometimes does. Where the mileage displays it says gascap so I replaced it will a new one. The gascap when away and the actual mileage showed again and the gascap word reappeared. I'm not sure if this is something electrical but it needs to be repaired ASAP. Please help!

4,625

Hi it sounds like you have more than one issue first lets check the electrical problems first ....on the Pacifica's there is a main ground wire that is on the transmission housing that comes loose or starts to fray ...this will cause all sorts of issues ...star by turning the steering wheel all the way to the left this will enable you to see the end of the trany ...there is a mount bolted to the case and and just above it is the ground wire bolted to the case check it for it being loose or if it is starting to break (I added a pic to help does not show the ground but shows the area ) the ground is a good size ( the size of a battery cable)...if this is good then under the drivers side rear passenger sill plate is a splice (pink or yellow or brown and yellow )it will have about four wires to it check this for corrosion .....then your EVAP system has a small leak and it thinks its a bad gas cap ...so the system will have to be visually inspected for cracks in the hoses or even a bad mating surface were the gas cap seal sits if nothing is found then the system has to be checked with a pressure/smoke machine ....but most likely its has a cracked hose....let me know if this helps good luck