I have a 2007 Mini Cooper that needs a new engine. Car has 126k miles...great body and interior. Is it worth replacing engine or should I sell as a parts car?

Asked by Sep 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM about the 2007 MINI Cooper Base

the R50 engine has the timing chain...the R52 has a timing belt...Cooper S has the R52...which engine are you servicing?

even after timing belt destruction...if the pistons have not been touched a "head job" with new valve seals and valves should be performed...with your new timing belt (if R52)....save the engine~!

Those CVT automatics are jerky sometimes, but if you work with them they are alright...I find myself using the "shift0matic" often enough~

Brian Wilson is totin' 00 as his Dodger uniform number~

Get a replacement motor if you haven't a super-duper HIgh-Class outfit like Berkeley Motor Works~ (if in the Bay Area)~

28,445

Judge...I think you're REALLY talking waaaay over Mary's head in terms of the engine specs. Take it down a notch, maybe and put it into layman's terms for her. I highly doubt she understands the difference between an R50 and R52 engine. Also, I would go under the assumption that she (and other people who post) are not in the Bay Area or the State of California. A lot of us (like me) live on the opposite coast...or somewhere in between :) ------> Have a good day, mi amigo!

We're there any answers for this? I have a 2007 mini sport which has a destroyed engine from mechanics forgetting to put in coolant after doing an oil change. 60,000 miles. Hoping to find lowest price and best way to replace engine. Had it one month before mechanics ruined it. It cost ten thousand.

That is exactly how my engine failed, my daughter used wind shield wiper fluid instead of coolant...In any case, I ended up selling the car to a mechanic who put a new engine in the car. I had priced a new engine, and the cost was about 5K. I sold the car for 4.5K. For me, that was the best option and I bought another mini.

Hi Mary, does your mechanic need another mini?? I have the same problem needing a new engine but I can’t justify to pay $3k-$5k when he cars value is much less. I just have it parked at my parents house. It’s been non operative for several yrs now. Just finished paying it off. =*\. The most I’ve been offered for no engine, was $500! But congrats to you on such a great sale! For anyone interested I have a 2007 Mini Cooper S Manila transmission. Exterior and interior is in pristine condition due to being parked in a garaged!